Friday, January 06, 2006

I'm BACK!


Oh my goodness, it has been ages since I have written in my Blog. Last month I had to go to the US to be a translator for two professors at my university who went there to study how to teach intelectual property law. I had to miss 10 days of work for this and fell hopelessly behind in everything. Well, no more excuses, I have to do better in updating my blog.
Over the New Years I went to Hokkaido and had a week of downtime. Iwate, although south of Hokkaido is actually much more unpleasant in the winter. Although Hokkaido is colder, the heating is VERY good. Every night I could eat ice cream and drink beer. I have been perpetually shivering since coming back to Iwate, though. The picture is of a parking lot at the university. Another disadvantage of living in Iwate is that the prefecture does not invest much in plowing the snow from the streets or the parking lot.
I got back to Iwate a couple of days ago taking the ferry from Tomakomai to Hachinohe, Aomori. I arrived in Hachinohe at 4AM and then drove to Morioka. I arrived in Morioka at 7:30 AM. Now, I am preparing to go to Thailand today! I will be going to a junior high school and will meet Eri and Ayu who are teaching there for 10 days.
It is 1AM, I better start getting ready.

No comments: